m (Changed DISPLAYTITLE)
|Line 28:||Line 28:|
Latest revision as of 20:12, 19 October 2012
|Editor||Richard C. West, James B. Robinson (Art Editor: Ivor A. Rogers)|
|Publisher||Madison: University of Wisconsin J.R.R. Tolkien Society|
Orcrist 1 is an issue of the journal Orcrist.
First printing in plain green cover. The 4th printing (1968) had cover illustrations by Laura Haglund: the front cover was called "Niggle -- by Leaf" while the back cover was untitled but depicted three hobbits.
- "Introduction" (editorial) (pp. i-iii)
- "Return of the King" (poem) -- Janet Boatner (p. 1)
- "Tolkien in the Letters of C. S. Lewis" -- Richard C. West (pp. 2-16)
- "The Wizard and History: Saruman's Vision of a New Order" -- James Robinson (pp. 17-23)
- "Music To Read Tolkien By: Tunes for Two Poems" -- Deborah Webster (p. 24) [musical settings for "The Elves Welcome the 14 to Rivendell" and "Lay of Beren and Luthien"]
- "The Interlace and Professor Tolkien: Medieval Narrative Technique in The Lord of the Rings" -- R. C. West (pp. 26-47) [a revised version of this essay was later published in A Tolkien Compass, ed. Jared Lobdell]
- "The Picnic" (parody) -- Paulette Carroll (p. 50)
- "An Annotated Bibliography of Tolkien Criticism" -- Richard West (pp. 51-90)