This article or section needs expansion and/or modification. Please help the wiki by expanding it.
This article or section needs more/new/more-detailed sources to conform to a higher standard and to provide proof for claims made.
|Gallery||Images of Ori|
Ori was a dwarf of the House of Durin, and brother to Nori and Dori, a distant kinsman to Thorin Oakenshield. He wore a grey hood, played the flute, and wrote both well and quickly in large, bold hand using Tengwar.
The Quest of Erebor
Expedition to Moria
Forty-eight years later Ori traveled with Balin, and Óin (also members of Thorin and Company) and a colony of Dwarves on a disastrous attempt to reclaim their ancient mansions of Khazad-dûm which were already occupied by the Goblins.
At first they colony did well, but less than five years later Balin was killed, the Orc came down again and took the East-gate, and Óin's group he took west to West-gate was destroyed except for a few.
Óri is a dwarf from the Norse mythology and the name means "Furious".
Portrayal in Adaptations
- Ori is played by Wilfrid Carter.
1977: The Hobbit (1977 film):
- Ori's voice is provided by Jack DeLeon.
- No actor is specified for the role of Ori.
1982: The Hobbit (1982 video game):
2003: The Hobbit (2003 video game):
- No actor is credited for the role of Ori.
2012-3: The Hobbit films:
- Ori will be played by Adam Brown.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "Durin's Folk"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, "An Unexpected Party"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, "The Bridge of Khazad-dûm"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Third Age"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, "The Council of Elrond"
- ↑ ZX Computing, 8304 (April/May 1983), p. 76 <http://www.worldofspectrum.org/showmag.cgi?mag=ZXComputing/Issue8304/Pages/ZXComputing830400076.jpg> [accessed 24 March 2011]
|Members of Thorin and Company|
|Thorin · Balin · Dwalin · Fíli · Kíli · Dori · Nori · Ori · Óin · Glóin · Bifur · Bofur · Bombur · Gandalf · Bilbo Baggins|