|Birth||S.R. 1310 |
|Death||S.R. 1412 (aged 102)|
|Parentage||Longo Baggins and Camellia Sackville|
Otho was the only child of Longo Baggins and Camellia Sackville. Through his mother, he was the head of the Sackville Family, so he adopted the double surname out of custom. He was also second in line to patriarchy of the Baggins Family, and would have been Bilbo Baggins' heir were it not for his adoption of his cousin Frodo. This did not sit well with Otho and his wife, Lobelia, as they both dearly wanted to live in Bag End.
Portrayal in Adaptations
- John Livesey provides Otho's voice.
- Peter Corrigan plays Otho, though he does not have any lines.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix C, "Baggins of Hobbiton"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien; Humphrey Carpenter, Christopher Tolkien (eds.), The Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter 214, (undated, written late 1958 or early 1959)
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, "A Long-expected Party"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, "Three is Company"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix F, "On Translation"