|Current Editor: Paula Marmor, Christopher Gilson|
|Latest Issue: 19|
Parma Eldalamberon was started in 1971, as an irregular periodical published by the Linguistic Fellowship of the Mythopoeic Society. The first editor was Paula Marmor. It ran for five issues, ending in 1977, but resulted in the landmark book An Introduction to Elvish. Of that book Paula Marmor was co-author, several other co-authors, Bill Welden, Christopher Gilson, Lawrence J. Krieg and editor Jim Allan, were regular contributors to Parma and parts of it had grown from their articles in the journal. The publication of The Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales and The Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien made most of the discussions outdated, however, and the project was shelved.
Another regular contributor was Robert Foster, who had already published his Guide to Middle-earth, which he revised and extended to The Complete Guide to Middle-earth after the publication of The Silmarillion.
Six years later, Chris Gilson revived Parma. He kept the original name, despite the fact that the increase in Quenya material gave the correct translation as Parma Eldalambion. Gilson published Parma outside the Linguistic Fellowship, but after the Elvish Linguistic Fellowship was founded it became associated with that organisation.
In the meantime, Vinyar Tengwar also started publishing Tolkien's original texts. Now, they are both edited by more or less the same team, and Parma specializes in the longer wordlists, while Vinyar Tengwar publishes Tolkien's essays.
- 1971: Parma Eldalamberon 1
- 1972: Parma Eldalamberon 2
- 1973: Parma Eldalamberon 3
- 1974: Parma Eldalamberon 4
- 1977: Parma Eldalamberon 5
- 1983: Parma Eldalamberon 6
- 1988: Parma Eldalamberon 7
- 1989: Parma Eldalamberon 8
- 1990: Parma Eldalamberon 9
- 1994: Parma Eldalamberon 10
- 1995: Parma Eldalamberon 11: I-Lam na-Ngoldathon: The Grammar and Lexicon of the Gnomish Tongue by J.R.R. Tolkien
- 1998: Parma Eldalamberon 12: Qenyaqetsa: The Qenya Phonology and Lexicon by J.R.R. Tolkien
- 2001: Parma Eldalamberon 13: The Alphabet of Rúmil & Early Noldorin Fragments by J.R.R. Tolkien
- 2003: Parma Eldalamberon 14: Early Qenya and The Valmaric Script by J.R.R. Tolkien
- 2004: Parma Eldalamberon 15: Sí Qente Feanor and Other Elvish Writings by J.R.R. Tolkien
- 2006: Parma Eldalamberon 16: Early Elvish Poetry and Pre-Fëanorian Alphabets by J.R.R. Tolkien
- 2007: Parma Eldalamberon 17: Words, Phrases and Passages in The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
- 2009: Parma Eldalamberon 18: Tengwesta Qenderinwa and Pre-Fëanorian Alphabets, Part 2 by J.R.R. Tolkien
- 2010: Parma Eldalamberon 19: Quenya Phonology by J.R.R. Tolkien
- ↑ David Doughan, "Book Reviews: Parma Eldalamberon 6", in: Quettar 21 (November 1984), p. 8
- ↑ Christopher Gilson, "Foreword", in: Parma Eldalamberon 11 (1995), p. 2
- ↑ David Bratman, "Posthumous Publications", in: J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia (edited by Michael D.C. Drout), p. 547-8