Parma Eldalamberon 6
|Parma Eldalamberon, issue 6 (Vol. 2, No. 2)|
|Author||Christopher Gilson (ed.)|
|Publisher||Elvish Linguistic Fellowship|
Parma Eldalamberon 6 is the sixth issue of Parma Eldalamberon, and the first after its revival by Christopher Gilson. John Closson contributed with the front cover calligraphy, and Silas Andrews with interior artwork.
The issue includes a letter from Rhona Beare that reports brief notes made on a draft version of Thror's Map. These notes consist of the phrase "Five feet high the door and three may walk abreast" in Noldorin and Old English - Rhone Beare copied the notes from the map when it was on display in an exhibition of "Cartographic Curiosities" at The British Museum. The draft version of Thror's Map can be seen in J.R.R. Tolkien: Artist and Illustrator (1995) - figure 85.
- Editorial (Christopher Gilson)
- "Undóme Lóriendesse, a Poem" (front cover)
- "The Role of Telerin in the Development of Sindarin" (Bill Welden)
- "High-elven Glossary" (Christopher Gilson)
- "Conjectures on the Origin of Quenya" (Rhona Beare)
- "Runes: Letters to Parma"
- "Map of Beleriand and Eriador" (back cover; compiled by Christopher Gilson)
- ↑ An Illustrated Tolkien Bibliography at Tolkienbooks.net