Letter to Przemyslaw Mroczkowski (17 November 1957)
[Description and excerpt:] "My wife and I are very gratified for your invitation [from] you and your wife. I would, of course, but for the thought of the trouble we should be giving, be far more pleasant to have lunch chez vous." "I am dreadfully sorry that we cannot manage this Tuesday; but I do hope that you will find a chance to ask us again! (If I go to America at all, I will not be until the middle of March at the earliest). This is a very crowded week, and my wife is unfortunately not able to do many things (pleasant or otherwise) in succession. Tuesday is quote a good day usually." "I do not understand your use of 'bold'! It is extraordinarily kind of you both to bother about us. We are quite unimportant people. And I do hope that I have been bold enough to address you as a colleague without title. You will please do the same to me."
- Przemyslaw Mroczkowski 2 August 1946
- Przemyslaw Mroczkowski 9/10 November 1957
- Przemyslaw Mroczkowski 1958
- Przemyslaw Mroczkowski December 1959
- Przemyslaw Mroczkowski 196?
- Przemyslaw Mroczkowski 20–26 January 1964
- ↑ Christina Scull, Wayne G. Hammond, "Addenda and Corrigenda to The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide (2006) Vol. 1: Chronology", Hammond&Scull.com (accessed 8 June 2013)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 1957 letter on eBay to Professor Przemyslaw Mroczkowski at Tolkienguide.com (accessed 20 July 2011)