Rayner Stephens Unwin (23 December, 1925 – 23 November, 2000) reviewed J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit at age 10 and without his praise of the book it might have never been published. His father was Sir Stanley Unwin, co-founder of George Allen & Unwin. In 1968, Rayner Unwin followed in his father's footsteps as chairman of the publishing firm. He retired in 1985 and passed away in 2000.
- 1936: [Manuscript]
- 1982: The Sunday Times Magazine 19 September
- "The Return of Tolkien" [interview]
- 1987: Science Fiction Chronicle 8
- "The Hobbit 50th Anniversary"
- 1993: J.R.R. Tolkien: A Descriptive Bibliography
- 1995: Proceedings of the J.R.R. Tolkien Centenary Conference
- "Publishing Tolkien"
- 1997: Digging Potatoes, Growing Trees: A Selection from 25 Years of Speeches at the Tolkien Society's Annual Dinners. Vol. 1.
- [Speech at the Tolkien Society's Annual Dinner 1990]
- 2000: Tolkien's Legendarium
- "Early Days of Elder Days"