René van Rossenberg
R.J. (René) van Rossenberg holds a MA in History from Leiden University in the Netherlands. He first read J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit (De Hobbit in Dutch) in 1973 at age 12. He became an avid Tolkien collector as well as a board member and ten year chairman of the Netherlands Tolkien Society Unquendor. From this society's bookstore he developed his own full time business: the Tolkienwinkel. He also lecture(s)(d) at Leiden University and review(s)(ed) books translated into Dutch to supplement his income. To date he still lives in Leiden. At one point he bought Joy Hill's, Tolkien's private secretary, library of books at auction. He has working on his PhD through the early 2000s but is unclear whether he completed this.
- 1992: Hobbits in Holland: Leven en werk van JRR Tolkien (1892-1973) [exhibition catalogue]
- 2004: Tolkien's Golem
Tolkien's 1958 visit to Rotterdam
René van Rossenberg also uncovered the audio recordings of Tolkien's 1958 visit to Rotterdam, Netherlands. He published an article on this: “Tolkien’s Exceptional Visit to Holland: A Reconstruction” in the Proceedings of the J.R.R. Tolkien Centenary Conference.
- 1990: Elrond's Holy Round Table (editor)
- "Bilbo Baggins and the Beeb"
- "Comrade Frodo and Hobbitania: Tolkien in Russian" (with Nathalie Kotowski)
- 1995: Proceedings of the J.R.R. Tolkien Centenary Conference
- "Tolkien's Exceptional Visit to Holland: A Reconstruction"
- 1997: Digging Potatoes, Growing Trees: A Selection from 25 Years of Speeches at the Tolkien Society's Annual Dinners
- [Speech at the Tolkien Society's Annual Dinner 1996]
- 2006: J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: Scholarship and Critical Assessment
- "Dutch Language"
- "Netherlands: Reception of Tolkien"
- Lembas-extra 1990
- Lembas-extra 1998
- Lembas-extra 2002
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20000901093458/http://www.xs4all.nl/~rossnbrg/me.htm (accessed 05-12-2011)