Letter to Rod Jellema
- Contents: A reply to a letter from Jellema, concerning the controversy of Tolkien's disapproval of W.H. Auden's intended book on Tolkien.
- Authenticity: High
- Publication: The letter is quoted in W.H. Auden: A Legacy.
"I do not ask that any such article should be 'respectful', but that it should at least be accurate ... To produce an article that does not misrepresent biographical facts or my opinions would require a person having an intimate knowledge of both, if it was to be written without troubling me."
- Roger Verhulst 9 March 1966
- Roger Verhulst 8 April 1966
- Roger Verhulst 3 May 1966
- Roger Verhulst 4 December 1967