Letter to Roger Verhulst (9 March 1966)
Revision as of 18:02, 8 June 2011 by Mithbot
- Contents: Tolkien replies to Mr. Verhulst at Eerdmans, with some remarks concerning his relationship with Charles Williams, but presumably declining to comment on Mary Shideler's book Charles Williams in Christian Perspective. He explains that although he owes a debt of gratitude to W.H. Auden, he does not think that Auden knows him well enough to write a book about him.
- Authenticity: High
- Publication: Quotes from the letter have been provided in Tolkien and The Silmarillion. The letter is also quoted in W.H. Auden: A Legacy.
- Description: Three pages, 76 Sandfield Road, Oxford letterhead. Signed by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Rod Jellema 1966
- Roger Verhulst 8 April 1966
- Roger Verhulst 3 May 1966
- Roger Verhulst 4 December 1967