Ruth Lacon (1967-), born in Edinburgh, Scotland, holds two degrees (a Bachelor of Science in Zoology and a Bachelor of Arts in Illustration and Design). She has created numerous J.R.R. Tolkien-inspired illustrations, and is a member of The Tolkien Society since the mid 1980s.
As Ruth Lacon
- Cover art and/or interior illustrations
- 1993: "The Earliest Days of Gondor", in Mallorn 30
- 1995: "Notes Toward a History of the Easterlings", in Mallorn 32
- 1996: "First Catch Your Oliphaunt: A rambling look at the natural and unnatural history of elephants", in Travel and Communication in Tolkien's Worlds
- 2011: Lembas Extra: "The Art of Ruth Lacon"
- Greeting cards
As Elizabeth Currie
- 2002: The Uncharted Realms of Tolkien (with Alex Lewis)
- 2005: The Forsaken Realm of Tolkien (with Alex Lewis)
- 2009: The Epic Realm of Tolkien, Part One - Beren and Lúthien (with Alex Lewis)
- To Illustrate or Not to Illustrate? That is the Question... - an essay by Ruth Lacon at Tolkien Library