|Birth||T.A. 2990 |
The son of Olo Proudfoot, at the age of eleven, Sancho was present at the Farewell Party of his uncle Bilbo, along with his father and grandfather Odo. The day after, on 23 September, T.A. 3001, he went to Bag End to seek for a treasure he heard rumours about. Frodo could just stop him, but not after Sancho had already started excavating the pantry, where he thought he heard an echo.
Portrayal in Adaptations
- A young Hobbit named Sancho Proudfoot - or, the "dread highwayman Sancho Proudfoot ", as he prefers to call himself - causes quite some mischief in Hobbiton and Bywater. Several of the early missions the player - as Frodo - has to do involve solving problems caused by Sancho, such as retrieving a metal pin of the Hobbiton Mill and Old Noakes' medicinal herbs.
- It should also be noted that Sancho still appears to be a young child, even though the level occurs in the year T.A. 3018. This means that he should be about twenty-eight years old by this point in the timeline. So I guess he's retarded.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix C, "Baggins of Hobbiton"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, "A Long-expected Party"
- ↑ Jim Allan, An Introduction to Elvish, Giving of Names, p. 192
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix F, "On Translation"
- ↑ The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (video game), levels "Hobbiton" and "Bywater"