Tolkien Gateway

Shirriff-house

Revision as of 18:37, 13 June 2012 by KingAragorn Bot (Talk | contribs)
"The wise will stay here and hope to rebuild our town..." — Master of Lake-town
This article needs to be rewritten to comply with Tolkien Gateway's higher standards...

Shirriff-houses were buildings used by the Shirriffs of the Shire.

Any of the buildings built for the expanded Watch during Lotho's control of the Shire, especially the barracks of the First Eastfarthing Troop. Located at the west end of Frogmorton, this Shirriff-house was a poorly constructed one-story brick building with narrow windows.[1] All the Shirriff-houses were torn down before the end of T.A. 3019 (S.R. 1419).[2]

References

  1. J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "The Scouring of the Shire"
  2. J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "The Grey Havens"