(Difference between revisions)
(→Issue 4 (2011))
(→Issue 4 (2011))
|Line 104:||Line 104:|
===Issue 4 (2011)===
===Issue 4 (2011)===
Publication of issue 4 of ''Silver Leaves'' is set for spring 2011
Publication of issue 4 of ''Silver Leaves'' is set for spring 2011will focus on [[dragons]].
Revision as of 04:09, 8 September 2010
Silver Leaves is the official journal of The White Tree Fund. Its purpose is to educate, raise awareness, support charitable initiatives, and entertain.
Issue 1 (2007)
- Tom Shippey: "Tolkien Connections"
- Robert Hierholzer: "Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in a Hobbit?"
- Steven Dueck: "Middle-earth Crossword"
- Kathryn E. Darden: "A Man Like You"
- Dimitra Fimi: "A Note on Turin and Oedipus"
- Kerri-Anne Cundill: "Hope"
- Kerri-Anne Cundill: "Candle"
- N.C. Graham: "Firelace"
- Charity Yang and Laura Hwee: "Wellinghall Smial: Tolkien Day Report"
- Gerda Marz and Jo-Anna Dueck: "Tolkien Lecture Series 2007'
- Sunny Timmons and Ted Nasmith: "Remembering Professor Daniel Timmons"
- Rebecca Kirkland and Bruce Hopkins: "The Journey Continues for Reclaiming Our Youth"
- John Adcox: "Can fantasy be myth? Mythopoeia and The Lord of the Rings"
- L. Lara Sookoo: "Defending Middle - earth From Charges of Racism"
- Janet Brennan Croft: "How I Learned More About Hobbits"
- Michael D.C. Drout: "Some thoughts on reading The Lord of the Rings aloud"
- Amy L. Timco: "Weavers, Witches, and Warriors: The Women of The Lord of the Rings"
- Kerri-Anne Cundill: "When Fear is Near"
- Steven Dueck: "Phrase to Phrase"
- Martha Kosyfi: "Ancient Greek Gods and the Valar"
- Kathryn E. Darden: "Finding God in the Lord of the Rings"
- Patricia Scovil: "The Lord of the Rings, The Musical: A Review'
- Art by Jef Murray and Coralie Allan
Issue 2 (2008)
- Alison Baird: "A Desire for Dragons"
- Melanie M. Jeschke: "The Landscapes of Narnia : CS Lewis and Northern Ireland"
- Jonathon D. Svendsen: "Narnia and Middle-earth : The Stories that Meant Something"
- Steven Dueck: "Middle-earth Super Scramblers"
- Kathryn E. Darden: "Journey to the Sea"
- Rachel Gamber: "Seeing Prince Caspian in New York City"
- Alicia Angst: "The Wind"
- Douglas Gresham: "Shards of Diamond"
- Missy M. McClure: "Inklings"
- Kathryn E. Darden: "The Fellowship of J.R.R. Tolkien"
- N.C. Graham: "The Woods Still Whisper"
- Laura Hwee and Charity Yang: "Wellinghall Smial Update"
- Brian Sibley: "More Than Just the Margins : An appreciation of Pauline Baynes (1922 - 2008)"
- P.R. Miller: "For the Inklings"
- Kerri-Anne Cundill: "Stepping into J.R.R. Tolkien's World"
- Alexa Chipman: "Lord David Cecil: The Forgotten Inkling"
- Colin Duriez: "Devilry and Images of Evil in Tolkien"
- Daniel Timmons: "The Virtues of Fellowship"
- Stéphanie Bourquard: "The Role of Judicial Activism in the Development of Principles in International Law of Human Rights: the Case of Article 3 of the European Convention on Human Rights"
- Martha Kosyfi: "Breeze"
- Melanie M. Jeschke: "Sunday, August 18, 1940 : CS Lewis' home, The Kilns, Oxford, England"
- Sarah Arthur: "The Tale We've Fallen Into : Some thoughts on why we never out grow The Lord of the Rings"
- Elijah David: "Controversy over The Chronicles of Narnia"
- Mark Cooper: "Speculation on Film Two of The Hobbit Duology"
- Martha Kosyfi: "Misty Gates"
- John Adcox: "In Good Company"
- Kathryn E. Darden: "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King - The Complete Recordings"
- Sara Goodwin: "Prince Caspian Review"
- Elisabeth C. Prince: "Caspian Review"
- Kelsey Kline: "Bad Adaption, Good Movie - on the whole, and taking one thing with another"
- N.C. Graham: "You Must Lay Aside Your Inner Purist"
- Rachel Gamber: "Prince Caspian Review"
- Art by Coralie Allan, Alexa Chipman, Gerda Marz and Jef Murray
Issue 3 (2010)
- Ted Nasmith: "Inspired by J.R.R. Tolkien"
- P.R. Miller: "Paint! Draw! Sketch!"
- Lewie Nerino: "Pictures from the Perilous Realm: Tolkien as an Artist"
- Jonathon D. Svendsen: "A Power of Myth"
- Alicia Angst: "When Words Become Art"
- Kathryn E. Darden: "Andy Serkis - From Gollum to Screwtape"
- Anne Marie Gazzolo: "Footprints on the Heart"
- P.R. Miller: "The Gift of Art"
- Jessica Moritz: "Tolkien Reading Day 2010"
- Kristine Larsen: "Silmaril or Simulacrum? Simulations of the Heavens in Middle-Earth"
- The Old Maid of Toon Zone: "Abstract of "Arda of the Hobbits""
- Tom Shippey: "J.R.R. Tolkien: The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrún"
- Anthony Wilkens: "Equating Tolkien to Plato"
- Constance G.J. Wagner: "At Rivendell"
- Missy M. McClure: "Visionary Hues"
- James G. Shoopman: "Tolkien's Composite Christ"
- Jef Murray: "October Country"
- Brian Sibley: "More than Just the Margins: An appreciation of Pauline Baynes (1922-2008)"
- L. Lara Sookoo: "A Unique Vision: Silver Leaves Interview with Tim Kirk"
- Alexa Chipman: "Interview with Anke Eissmann"
- Constance G.J. Wagner: "Reflections From A Far Green Country"
- P.R. Miller: "Breaths"
- Julie S. Dobbins: "A Lesson in Perspective"
- Alicia Angst: "The King Has Returned"
- Frank Sun: "Flora's Wish"
- Laura Glendenning: "A Trip to Middle-Earth"
- Kathryn E. Darden: "A Shieldmaiden's Song"
- Constane G.J. : "Arresting Strangeness: Fantasy Fulfilled in The Lord of the Rings on Stage"
- Anne Marie Gazzolo: "Hope"
- Kathryn E. Darden: "When Lord of the Rings Fans Attack: Can fans turn into orcs?"
- Tom Shippey: "The Hobbit in Frisian"
- Kerri-Anne Cundill-Hinds: "White Shores are Calling"
- Christina Drikes: "The Fellowship of the Ring Concert (with film) Review"
- John Adcox: "The Lord of the Rings Online: Falling into a Story"
- Kathryn E. Darden: "The Hunt for Gollum"
- The Old Maid of Toon Zone: "Tolkien and Shore Together in Concert"
- Art by Pauline Baynes, Daisy Brambletoes, Catherine Chmiel-Gugulska, John Dickerson, Julie S. Dobbins, Colleen Doran, Eaneli, Anke Eissmann, Kovalevskaya Ekaterina, Chloe Giordano, Nayla Ibraghimova, Tim Kirk, Virginia Lee, Gerda Marz, Hyatt Moore, Jef Murray, Ted Nasmith, James Orman, Mya Popova, Cassandra Stevens, L. Lara Sookoo, and David Wyatt