This article or section needs expansion and/or modification. Please help the wiki by expanding it.
Sundocarmi are not actual words, but bases that contain the general meanings, and from which, during the process of evolution and times, real words were derived through affixes, suffixes, or modifications.
In the very first phase of the Primitive Quendian, sundocarmi were probably used as actual words; in that period the Elves could speak only through uninflected words, without any differentiation between parts of the speech (Tradition says that the very first word ever said by an Elf was el-e!, a primitive exclamation "look!", referring to a star).
Sundocarmi usually have the construction combinations:
- VC or CV (examples: KWE "speak"; this category is called monoconsonantic)
- (C)VCV (examples: DELE- "walk", ABA- "deny"; this category was preferred for meanings related to actions/verbs)
- CVC(V) (examples: TATA- "two", TUR- "power, control")
These are some of the roots, with their derivatives in various languages
- GAL-AD: Proto-Quendian galadâ, Telerin galla, Sindarin galadh, Quenya alda
- A-NÁR: Sindarin anor, Quenya anar
Some Mannish roots (which sometimes derived from Elvish words) have been: