First of all: Page titles such as Barahir grandson of Faramir should be avoided as much as possible. Only when there are more than one Barahirs should this be used. If you have to do this, do it this way: Barahir (grandson of Faramir) so you don't forget whether or not you added that dratted comma...
Further it might be an idea to add a sort of "pub" for this kind of discussions. - Bokkie 18:04, 3 Sep 2005 (EDT)
Great points. Barahir is one of those names that are used quite frequently, i.e. Barahir son of Bregor, Barahir son of Hador, Barahir grandson of Faramir, etc. In the beginning I was debating whether to do the parenthesis or not, but now that you bring it up, it is most likely something that we need to use.
A portal for discussion other than the main page is a good idea too, I'll try and think of a good name for something, although Portal might work, heh.
Thanks for your comments. --Hyarion 16:45, 5 Sep 2005 (EDT)
Very intresting wiki site!... Thanx! --220.127.116.11 18:31, 15 October 2005 (EDT)
- Thanks for the compliment :) It's people like you who keep me motivated. --Hyarion 18:45, 15 October 2005 (EDT)
Is the content here GFDL? Gimli 07:18, 6 March 2006 (EST)
- What do you mean? --Earendilyon 07:36, 6 March 2006 (EST)
- I mean is it available under the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Free_Documentation_License - can it be copied to other sites under the provisions of that licence? Also if content has been copied from wikipedia, shouldnt it be acknowledged? Gimli 08:30, 6 March 2006 (EST)
- Hello Gimli, yes our content is under the same license, GNU FDL as Wikipedia. Any articles derived from Wikipedia will be rewritten so we have no plans to add an acknowledgement on the articles at this time. Wikicities is free to copy our content but it is disappointing to see so many wikis working against eachother. --Hyarion 10:26, 6 March 2006 (EST)
- Hi Hyarion, I was doing alot of work on the lotr wiki without realising this site existed until a few days ago. now Im not sure what to do since the lotr wikicities community is going fairly well but has nowhere near as many articles as here. not sure if its worth trying to copy or what - perhaps there could be some way we could agree to format/arrange articles differently to justify having 2 tolkien wikis Gimli 19:47, 6 March 2006 (EST)