Revision as of 17:36, 23 April 2008 by Hyarion
Hyar, there's already an University of Oxford article. While this one basically sais the same, I planned to expand both - and Oxford was to be about the city. Move back, plz? -- Ederchil 03:18, 23 April 2008 (EDT)
- Oxford University now redirects to University of Oxford and I've rewritten an Oxford stub. --Hyarion 12:44, 23 April 2008 (EDT)
- Thanks. I thought of including all the different colleges (Exeter College et. al.) in the Uni article, some stuff about Bodleian university, and maybe something about JRR's frat life. I don't know anything to say about the city other than making it a link farm to bars and homes and mentioning the blue plaques.
- Hmm, OED looks good for a rewrite too. You know, include (if possible) waggle (noun and verb), walnut, walrus, wampum, waistcoat, wake (noun), wan, and want (verb), though that could make the article a bit long. Or include a list of JRR's words that made it into the OED? Hobbit (1969), mathom, orc, mithril (2002) and balrog, according to the very interesting linked to article.
- But the OED'll have to wait. I'm going through Tolkien and the Great War at the moment, harvesting dates and interesting bits on King Edward's School. It'll be expanded beyond stub. I'm hooked on JRR's real life now, for some reason. -- Ederchil 13:18, 23 April 2008 (EDT)
- PS Well, Tolkien and the Great War could do with a makeover too.