I think the change from "Saruman arrived alone" to "Saruman [arrived] with Radagast" touches upon the matter of canonicity. There are different versions of the history of the arrival of the Istari. --Earendilyon 07:13, 16 July 2006 (EDT)
- I'll have to research the matter more so I can refresh my memory. Maybe it would be beneficial to mention both possibilities and their sources so as to let the reader decide? --Hyarion 12:28, 16 July 2006 (EDT)
Would anyone else consider it worthwhile to separate the description of Saruman's powers from his history and personality? --Ted C 12:07, 10 October 2006 (EDT)
- I think that would be a great idea. --Hyarion 12:21, 10 October 2006 (EDT)
Hi, I was reading Saruman's article and it's good but there is something I would like to ask. In the "Chief of the White Council" you have stated that Saruman HAD MADE a ring of power by using the knowledge of the noldor of former Eregion to enchant he's speaking voice. I would like to know WHERE and HOW have you came up with this knowledge because i have read a lot about middle earth and i have never found that Tolkien would have stated that Saruman had knowledge about making a ring of power or actualy made one. Also Where could he have made it? Orthanc or Isengard hadn't great forges before orcs came there and i doubt that forge any made by orc would be hot enough to make a ring of power. Aromez
- I think you raise a valid point, Aromez. Although nowhere it is stated when he made a ring (as far as I know, at least) he did once call himself "Ring-maker", in his conversation with Gandalf, prior to taking the latter hostage: "... I am Saruman the Wise, Saruman Ring-maker, Saruman of Many Colours!"
- Something I noticed myself in the paragraph "Chief of the White Council" is the following sentence: "At this council-meeting Gandalf (for the first time) revealed that he suspected that Saruman desired to possess the One Ring." I think this is not correct. I don't think Gandalf would have revealed in the presence of Saruman his suspicions.
- ~ Earendilyon 20:33, 28 November 2009 (UTC)
I reckon we need to change the opening quote of Treebeard. I think we need one that shows how powerful it is and I do not think the current one does him justice. What do you guys think.