|Tauriel is a concept which has only appeared in an adaptation of the works of J.R.R. Tolkien.|
|"Tauriel" from The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug|
|Location||Elvenking's Halls, Lake-town, Erebor|
|Language||Silvan, Westron, Sindarin|
|Spouse||loved Kíli; never married|
|Weaponry||Bow and blades|
|Gallery||Images of Tauriel|
Tauriel was a Silvan Elf of Mirkwood. She has been described as a warrior and head of the Wood-elf guard. Her character was invented by Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh for The Hobbit (film series) and was portrayed by Evangeline Lilly.
In The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, when the elves of the Woodland Realm capture Thorin and Company, Tauriel takes an interest in the young dwarf Kíli. When she learns of his being struck by a poisoned arrow by Bolg in the Company's escape from custody in wine barrels, she goes after him in hopes of healing his wound. Legolas (who is shown to be protective of her) joins her in pursuit of the Orcs who were after the company. The two of them manage to reach them in Lake-town and kill many of them, while Tauriel also manages to heal Kíli with athelas found on the premises.
In The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, after she has succeeded in healing Kíli, the dragon Smaug attacks Lake-town. Luckily, she manages to escape the dragon's fiery wrath. Later on, during the aftermath of Smaug's attack on Lake-town, Kíli confesses his love for her. After that, she accompanies Legolas to Gundabad to discover another Orc army heading for the Lonely Mountain, as well as thousands of bats. They return in time for the Battle of the Five Armies. She kills many Orcs and Goblins. However, during the battle, she witnesses Kíli's death at the hands of Bolg. After the battle, she confesses her love over Kíli's body. It is unknown what happens to her after this.
The name Tauriel, "daughter of Mirkwood" (or more literally, "daughter of the forest") is made from the Sindarin word taur meaning "forest", and the patronymic ending -iel which means "daughter of".
 Other portrayals
|Portrayals of Tauriel|
2012-2014: Lego: The Hobbit:
- Tauriel was issued in two minifigure versions, the first in "Escape from Mirkwood Spiders" (#79001) and the second in "Attack on Lake-town" (#79016).
2012-: The Hobbit Strategy Battle Game:
- Tauriel is a hero figurine in two different versions: the standard model "Tauriel" (carrying two daggers and a bow), and a version called "Tauriel, Mirkwood Exile".
- Tauriel appears as a character in the video game.
 See also
- ↑ "Evangeline Lilly on Her Hobbit Character Tauriel", ComingSoon.net, 25 January 2012 (accessed 14 March 2012)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Peter Jackson, "The Hobbit Casting Update" dated 19 June 2011, Facebook (accessed 22 December 2011)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Tauriel" dated 3 May 2016, lego.wikia.com (accessed 21 November 2016)
- ↑ games-workshop.com (accessed 21 November 2016)