This article or section needs expansion and/or modification. Please help the wiki by expanding it.
|Born||1956, Goderich, Ontario, Canada|
|Style||Luminism, Victorian neoclassical|
|Images||Images by Ted Nasmith|
Ted Nasmith is a Canadian artist who has done a tremendous amount of work involving Tolkien's masterpieces.
Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings
Many fans of Ted Nasmith have expressed disappointment in his lack of involvement in The Lord of the Rings (film series).
- "I was contacted by a producer in early '99. They invited me to be there with the others in New Zealand to help with conceptual art, and made me a nice offer. However, I was going through a personal crisis unrelated to my art, and in the end, being that it would also force me to abandon my freelance obligations and be away indefinitely, I reluctantly declined, settling the question in my mind after very careful deliberation. It was a difficult decision."
- ― Ted Nasmith 
One fan has created a website known as Ted Nasmith: The Uncredited Lord of the Rings Films Concept Artist. The website displays side-by-side illustrations by Nasmith with later scenes in The Lord of the Rings films. Peter Jackson was inspired by Nasmith - as Alan Lee described:
- ""[T]here were certain pictures of Ted's that Peter quite liked. He actually bought one of Nasmith's originals --- a very striking picture of Mordor""
- ― Alan Lee 
- 1992: Tolkien's World: Paintings of Middle-earth (with various artists)
- 1993: Tolkien's Dragons and Monsters (postcard book)
- 1996: Realms of Tolkien (with various artists)
- 1997: Tolkien's Hobbit (postcard book, one postcard)
- 1998: The Silmarillion (hardback illustrated edition)
- 1998: The Silmarillion Poster Collection
- 1999: Tolkien Diary 2000
- 1999: Tolkien's Middle-earth (postcard book)
- 1999: Tolkien's Dragons and Monsters (postcard book, reiusse)
- 2000: The Lord of the Rings (postcard book)
- 2001: Tolkien Diary 2002
- 2002: Tolkien's Middle-earth and Monsters (postcard book)
- 2002: Tolkien Diary 2003
- 2003: Tolkien Diary 2004
- 2003: The Complete Guide to Middle-earth
- 2004: The Silmarillion (second hardback illustrated edition)
- 2008: Tolkien Diary 2009
- 2009: Tolkien Diary 2010
- 2012: Hobbit to Hero
- 1986: The Tolkien Calendar 1987 (with Roger Garland, John Howe and Alan Lee)
- 1987: The Tolkien Calendar 1988 (with Roger Garland and John Howe)
- 1989: The Tolkien Calendar 1990
- 1991: Tolkien - The Centenary Calendar 1992
- 1995: J.R.R. Tolkien Calendar 1996
- 1999: Tolkien Calendar 2000
- 2001: Tolkien Calendar 2002
- 2002: Tolkien Calendar 2003
- 2003: Tolkien Calendar 2004
- 2007: Heren Istarion 2008 The Northeast Tolkien Society (with Jef Murray and Catherine Sparsidis)
- 2008: Tolkien Calendar 2009
- 2009: Beyond Bree Calendar 2010 (with various artists)
- 2009: Tolkien Calendar 2010
- 2010: 2011 Beyond Bree 30th Anniversary Calendar (with various artists)
- 2011: Beyond Bree 2012 Calendar (with various artists)
- 2012: Beyond Bree 2013 Calendar (with various artists
- 1995: Middle-earth Collectible Card Game (various cards)
- 1997: A Long-Expected Party: MECCG Sites and Scenarios (cover art)
- 1997: Arwen's Choice (jigsaw)
- 1997: The Way is Shut (jigsaw)
- 2002: ...Where the Shadows Lie (album cover art)
- 2003: Lord of the Rings Trivia Game (board game)
- 2003: Sword's Song (album cover art)
- 2007: Evernight (album)
- 2010: Middle-earth and Beyond (cover art)
- 2010: Beyond the Western Seas (album cover art)
- 2011: Mallorn 52 (cover art)
- 2012: Green Suns and Faërie (cover art)
- 2012: Mallorn 53 (cover art)
- 2013: Mallorn 54 (cover art)
- 1989: Mallorn 26
- "On Illustrating Tolkien"
- 2000: Amon Hen 161
- "A Trip to Roanne"
- 2005: Amon Hen 195
- "Review: The Forsaken Realm of Tolkien"
- 2005: Tolkien's Modern Middle Ages (edited by Jane Chance and Alfred K. Siewers)
- "Similar but not Similar"
- 2007: Silver Leaves 1
- "Remembering Professor Daniel Timmons" (with Sunny Timmons)