The Book of Lost Tales Part Two
(Added an image)
m (finer categorization)
|Line 12:||Line 12:|
Revision as of 17:28, 13 April 2007
The Book of Lost Tales Part Two is the second part of The Book of Lost Tales, including the tales of Beren and Lúthien, Túrin and the Dragon, and the only full narratives of the Necklace of the Dwarves and the Fall of Gondolin. Each tale is followed by a commentary in the form of a short essay, together with the texts of associated poems, and contains extensive information on names and vocabulary in the earliest Elvish languages.
- "The Tale of Tinúviel" – the first version of the tale of Beren and Lúthien
- "Turambar and the Foalókë" – the first version of the Túrin saga
- "The Fall of Gondolin" – the only full narrative of the Fall of Gondolin
- "The Nauglafring" – a story which was "lost", in that it never was rewritten in full, and was mostly left out of the later Silmarillion.
- "The Tale of Eärendel" – the only full narrative of Eärendil's travels
- "The History of Eriol or Ælfwine and the End of the Tales" – an essay about the changes in the framework, and the "unwritten" tales.