The Fall (disambiguation)
Revision as of 23:13, 20 October 2012 by Mith
In general, the term "The Fall" is used as an abbreviation for the following events:
- The Fall of Barad-dûr (T.A. 3019), the ruin of Sauron's fortress due to the destruction of The One Ring.
- The Fall of Dol Guldur (T.A. 3019), a battle in the War of the Ring which lead to the collapse of Dol Guldur.
- The Fall of the Falas (F.A. 473), the destruction of Falas by Morgoth's armies.
- The Fall of Fingolfin (F.A. 455), the death of Fingolfin, High King of the Noldor, in single combat with Morgoth.
- The Fall of Gil-galad, a lay sung by Sam in The Lord of the Rings which tells of the death of Ereinion Gil-galad (S.A. 3441).
- The Fall of Gondolin, one of Tolkien's oldest writings which tells of the destruction of Gondolin (F.A. 510).
- The Fall of Nargothrond (F.A. 494), the defeat of the city of Nargothrond by forces led by Glaurung.
- The Fall of the Noldor (YOTT 1495), a name given to the event where the Noldor left Valinor and committed the Kinslaying; it was made into a song by Maglor which is called Noldolantë in Quenya.
It is occasionally used for one of the following:
- The destruction of Beleriand (F.A. 587), in which most of the lands sunk beneath the sea after the War of Wrath.
- The Downfall of Númenor (S.A. 3319), the Akallabêth, the destruction of Númenor by the Valar.
- The Fall of Sauron (T.A. 3019), the death of Sauron or the Fall of Barad-dûr.