The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game
The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game is a card-based game released by Fantasy Flight Games. The game is set in the period between the events of The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring. The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game was first announced on 3 August 2010, and was released on 20 April 2011.
The producers intend to release a monthly new set of 60-card expansions (called Adventure Packs), each related to a specific "cycle". The cards from these expansion sets cannot be used without the core product. Planned releases are:
- Shadows of Mirkwood cycle
- The Lord of the Rings: The Hunt for Gollum
- The Lord of the Rings: Conflict at the Carrock
- The Lord of the Rings: A Journey to Rhosgobel
- The Lord of the Rings: The Hills of Emyn Muil
- The Lord of the Rings: The Dead Marshes
From the producers
The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game is a cooperative card game that puts 1-2 players (or up to four with two Core Sets!) in control of the most powerful characters and artifacts of Middle-earth. Players will select heroes, gather allies, acquire artifacts, and coordinate their efforts to face Middle-earth's most dangerous fiends. By cooperating to overcome the obstacles drawn from the encounter deck, you will complete the quest before you and claim victory!
The Core Set includes 216 cards that can be used to assemble a wide variety of decks right out of the box. Included are four perilous scenarios that, along with countless combinations of settings and enemies, offer near-limitless replayability. Additionally, players can build a party from a set of 16 hero cards, and focus their decks on any combination of four distinct spheres of influence: Leadership, Lore, Spirit, and Tactics. Each sphere offer unique benefits to the party, so choose wisely!
- ↑ Fantasy Flight Games News at Fantasyflightgames.com(accessed 4 August 2010)
- ↑ Fantasy Flight Games releases The Lord of the Rings Card Game at Middle-earth News.net (accessed 15 May 2011)
- ↑ The Lord of the Rings Card Game: Products at Fantasyflightgames.com (accessed 20 June 2011)
|Licensed Collectible Card Games set in Middle-earth|
|Middle-earth Collectible Card Game (1995-1998)|
|The Lord of the Rings Trading Card Game (2001-2007)|
|The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game (2011-)|