The Return of the Ring
Revision as of 14:49, 13 March 2012 by KingAragorn
|The Return of the Ring|
|Location||Loughborough University, England|
|Organizer||The Tolkien Society|
|Dates||16-20 August 2012|
The Return of the Ring is a large convention hosted by The Tolkien Society after the success of Tolkien 2005. It will be held on 16-20 August 2012 in order to coincide with the 2012 Summer Olympics held in London.
- Academic streams (two or three in lecture theatres): lectures, panels, visual presentations, etc.
- Creative stream: hand-on doing things, workshops and the like.
- Fandom stream: anything that is inspired through fandom.
- Dealers’ Room: there is a good sized room for the dealers on the ground floor with space for signings.
- Art Show: we have a nice light, airy room to display art to good advantage.
- Bar and hospitality facilities: a large bar in a central area on the ground floor and a caffeteria [sic] on the first floor.
- Child-friendly activities for younger people with their parents (we won’t be providing child minding or a crèche)
- Tours: we're planning to repeat the popular coach trips to Birmingham and Oxford, and possibly elsewhere too.''
- Tom Shippey
- Ted Nasmith
- Kate Madison, director of Born of Hope
- Brian Sibley
- Verlyn Flieger
- Corey Olsen
- Jef Murray
- John Garth
- Colin Duriez
- Chris Bouchard, director of The Hunt for Gollum
- Bob Blackham
- Dimitra Fimi
- Jason Fisher
- Henry Gee