The Tolkien Relation
Revision as of 00:39, 13 February 2012 by Morgan
|The Tolkien Relation|
|Publisher||Regnery Co., Copp Clark, Warner Books|
|Format||Hardcover, also paperback|
The Tolkien Relation: A Personal Inquiry is a book by William Ready, the former Director of Libraries at Marquette University. The paperback edition of 1969 was renamed into Understanding Tolkien and The Lord of the Rings.
- The Early Cycle
- The Inklings and the Myth
- The Days of the Dons
- The Hobbits of Tolkien
- The Tale of the Ring
- Craft and Art
- Man for Tolkien
- The Once and the Future
- As It Was and Will Be
- Page 18: "...at the University of Leeds as Reader in the English language in 1921." The correct year is 1920.
- Page 22: "He gave the W.P. Ker lecture at Glasgow University in 1933..." The correct date is April 15, 1953.
- ↑ Åke Bertenstam, "A Chronological Bibliography of Books About Tolkien" at Forodrim
- ↑ An Illustrated Tolkien Bibliography, at Tolkienbooks.net
- ↑ Humphrey Carpenter, J.R.R. Tolkien: A Biography, "Oxford Interlude"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Humphrey Carpenter, Christopher Tolkien (eds.), The Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter 135, note 2