The Tolkien Trust
On February 11, 2008, together with Tolkien's publisher HarperCollins, it filed a suit against New Line Cinema over the profits of the The Lord of the Rings (film series). On September 8, 2009, a settlement between the Trust and New Line was announced, clearing a potential obstacle to the making of a new movie based on The Hobbit.
- The Tolkien Trust (official webpage)
- Financial summary on the Charity Commission
- The Tolkien Trust at Wikipedia
- ↑ The Tolkien Trust - Extract from the Central Register of Charities maintained by the Charity Commission for England and Wales
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Guardian: Tolkien heirs sue Lord of the Rings studio for $150m, retrieved 2008-02-12
- ↑ Alex Dobuzinskis, "Legal settlement clears way for 'Hobbit' movie", retrieved 2009-09-08