Third Age 1409
Revision as of 09:01, 19 March 2012 by Morgan
- The Witch-king of Angmar invades Arnor with a great host.
- The Tower of Amon Sûl destroyed, but its palantir was saved and moved to Fornost.
- Rhudaur became a fief of Angmar, occupied by evil Men; Cardolan was ravaged with some fleeing to the Old Forest.
- The Dúnedain were defeated and King Arveleg I of Arthedain slain.
- Arveleg I's son, Araphor, becomes the ninth King of Arthedain.
- Fornost and Tyrn Gorthad (the Barrow-downs) are defended and, with the aid of Elves from Lindon and Lothlórien led by Elrond and Círdan respectively, Angmar was repelled.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Third Age"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The Númenorean Kings", "Eriador, Arnor, and the Heirs of Isildur"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The Númenorean Kings", "The Realms in Exile", "The Northern Line: Heirs of Isildur"