Third Age 1856
Revision as of 05:19, 30 July 2012 by Gamling
- Gondor loses its eastern territories following the Battle of the Plains.
- King Narmacil II of Gondor slain in the battle.
- Calimehtar, son of Narmacil II, becomes the thirtieth King of Gondor.
- Death of Marhari of the Northmen in rearguard action after the Battle of the Plains.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The Númenorean Kings", "The Realms in Exile", "The Southern Line: Heirs of Anarion"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Unfinished Tales, "Cirion and Eorl and the Friendship of Gondor and Rohan", (i) The Northmen and the Wainriders"