Third Age 2759
Revision as of 21:30, 2 August 2018 by Sage
Notable events in this year include:
- The Long Winter ends. Great suffering and loss of life in Eriador and Rohan.
- The Days of Dearth, a dreadful famine in The Shire, continues.
- Death of Thain Isumbras Took III
- Ferumbras Took II, son of Isumbras Took III, becomes the twenty-fourth Thain of the Shire.
- Death of King Helm Hammerhand of Rohan.
- Before spring, Captain Beregond repels the invading Corsairs, then sends reinforcements to Rohan.
- Fréaláf, son of King Helm, slays Wulf and becomes the tenth king, starting the second line of Kings of the Mark.
- Saruman takes up his abode in Isengard with the permission of Beren.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Third Age"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The House of Eorl", "The Kings of the Mark"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, "Prologue", "Concerning Hobbits"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix C, "Took of Great Smials"
- ↑ T.A. Stewards