Third Age 2941
Revision as of 14:06, 16 May 2018 by Murlo
Notable events in this year include:
- Gandalf visits Bag End but Bilbo Baggins is missing. He talks with Holman Greenhand and realises Bilbo is the right person for the Quest for Erebor.
- Thorin and Gandalf visit Bilbo in the Shire.
- Bilbo meets Sméagol/Gollum and finds the One Ring.
- The White Council meets.
- Saruman agrees to an Attack on Dol Guldur, since he now wishes to prevent Sauron from searching the Anduin.
- Sauron having made his plans abandons Dol Guldur.
- Bard of Esgaroth slays Smaug.
- The Battle of Five Armies in Dale.
- Death of Thorin Oakenshield, Fíli, and Kíli.
- Death of Bolg.
- Dáin II Ironfoot of the Iron Hills becomes King under the Mountain.
- Birth of Tolman Cotton, first child and son of Holman Cotton.
- Death of Hildigrim Took.
For one calculation of dates during this year see:
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Unfinished Tales, "The Quest of Erebor"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Third Age"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, "The Return Journey"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix C, "The Longfather-tree of Master Samwise"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix C, "Took of Great Smials"