Third Age 3018
Revision as of 06:35, 6 November 2007 by Legolas
- All trace of Gollum is lost. It is thought that at about this time, being hunted both by the Elves and Sauron's servants, he took refuge in Moria; but when he had at last discovered the way to the West-gate he could not get out
- 18 Gandalf escapes from Orthanc in the early hours. The Black Riders cross the Fords of Isen.
- 19 Gandalf comes to Edoras as a beggar, and is refused admittance.
- 20 Gandalf gains entrance to Edoras. Théoden commands him to go: 'Take any horse, only be gone ere tomorrow is old!'
- 21 Gandalf meets Shadowfax, but the horse will not allow him to come near. He follows Shadowfax far over the fields.
- 22 The Black Riders reach Sarn Ford at evening; they drive off the guard of Rangers. Gandalf overtakes Shadowfax
- 23 Four Riders enter the Shire before dawn. The others pursue the Rangers eastward, and then return to watch the Greenway. A Black Rider comes to Hobbiton at nightfall. Frodo leaves Bag End. Gandalf having tamed Shadowfax rides from Rohan.
- 24 Gandalf crosses the Isen
- 26 The Old Forest. Frodo comes to Bombadil
- 27 Gandalf crosses Greyflood. Second night with Bombadil
- 28 The Hobbits captured by a Barrow-wight. Gandalf reaches Sarn Ford.
- 29 Frodo reaches Bree at night. Gandalf visits the Gaffer.
- 30 Crickhollow and the Inn at Bree are raided in the early hours. Frodo leaves Bree. Gandalf comes to Crickhollow, and reaches Bree at night
- 1 Gandalf leaves Bree.
- 3 He is attacked at night on Weathertop.
- 6 The camp under Weathertop attacked at night Frodo wounded.
- 9 Glorfindel leaves Rivendell.
- 11 He drives the Riders off the Bridge of Mitheithel.
- 13 Frodo crosses the Bridge.
- 18 Glorfindel finds Frodo at dusk. Gandalf reaches Rivendell.
- 20 Escape across the Ford of Bruinen.
- 24 Frodo recovers and wakes. Boromir arrives in Rivendell at night
- 25 Council of Elrond