m (Bot Comment: Changing Categories)
|Line 16:||Line 16:|
Latest revision as of 15:02, 27 March 2011
The Tolkien Ensemble (founded in 1995) is a Danish ensemble with the aim to create "the worlds first complete musical interpretation of the poems and songs from The Lord of the Rings". They published four CDs from 1997 to 2005. The project was given approval by both the Tolkien family and Harper Collins Publishers. Queen Margrethe II of Denmark gave permission to use her illustrations in the CD layout.
Permanent members were Caspar Reiff and Peter Hall (composition), Signe Asmussen (singing) and Morten Ryelund Sørensen (conductor).
- An Evening in Rivendell (1997)
- Malene Nordtorp, Ole Jegindø Norup, Mads Thiemann, Morten Ernst Lassen, Commotio-Kvartetten choir, Polkageist.
- A Night in Rivendell (2000)
- Ulrik Cold, Kurt Ravn, Povl Dissing, Mads Thiemann, Morten Ernst Lassen, The Chamber Choir Hymnia.
- At Dawn in Rivendell (2002)
- Kurt Ravn, Morten Ernst Lassen, Peter Hall, Tom McEwan, Caspar Reiff, the Copenhagen Chamber Choir Camerata, Copenhagen Young Strings. Recitation by Christopher Lee.
- Leaving Rivendell: Selected songs and poems from the Lord of the Rings (2005)
- Jørgen Ditlevsen, Kurt Ravn, Nick Keir, the Danish National Chamber Choir/DR, the Danish Radio Sinfonietta/DR. Recitation by Christopher Lee.
- Complete Songs and Poems (2006)
- A compilation of all of the previous albums