Tolkien Gateway:Featured quotes/Nominations
Featured Quote Nominations
There have never really been any standards for a Featured Quote, but let us begin. Following the general model of the Featured Article, let's specify a nomination followed by five affirmative votes; state either Agree or Disagree. The nominated quote should not exceed a single paragraph.
Legolas Quote Re: Prince Imrahil
The following is one of my favorites, and I hope we can begin by anointing it with this high honor:
- "That is a fair lord and a great captain of men. If Gondor has such men still in these days of fading, great must have been its glory in the days of its rising."
- ― Legolas speaking of Prince Imrahil, The Return of the King, The Last Debate
- Agree. Wonderful quote. -- Ederchil 12:30, 31 July 2008 (EDT)
- Agree. Beautiful words. :) ~~ Þelma 13:30, 4 August 2008 (EDT)
- Agree. Truly beautiful words. -- Eldarion Telcontar 14:11, 12 August 2008 (EDT)
- Agree. Thought-provoking. -- Ingwe
- Agree. Looks good to me, updating the Main Page right now.-- Hyarion
- "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens,' said Gimli.
'Maybe,' said Elrond, 'but let him not vow to walk in the dark, who has not seen the nightfall."
- ― The Fellowship of the Ring, The Ring Goes South
- Agree. Though technically, I'd agree with any quote nom. What happened to the system? Was it to be weekly or monthly? -- Ederchil (Talk/Contribs/Edits)
- Very true, anything for a change. Perhaps an automated system that selected a quote from a database would be better, I seem to recall seeing that discussed somewhere a while ago. Agree. --Aule the Smith 21:48, 4 October 2008 (UTC)
- Agree. Quite proverbial. -Ingwe
- Agree - Very interesting quotation.-- 17:27, 6 October 2008 (UTC)
Agree - It definetely makes you think (obviously it's Elrond)--Breragor
"It's a job that's never started that takes the longest to finish."--J.R.R.
"The Hobbits are just rustic English people, made small in size because it reflects the generally small reach of their imagination."--J.R.R.
"I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."--J.R.R.
When voting for these I suggest you say the first is "Number 1", the second "Number 2", and the third "Number 3". So when you agree/disagree include the number please.