Tolkien Gateway: Meetings are online monthly meetings held on the first Sunday of every month at 8pm UTC. The meeting takes place in the #Wiki channel of Tolkien Gateway's IRC network. The specific time of each meeting for your time zone is available on each meeting page (see links below). Before each meeting users can can put forward their ideas for discussion by using the talk page. In addition, users should note down their intention to attend using the same talk page. Transcripts for most meetings are available for non-attendees to read.
- Main article: Tolkien Gateway:Chat
To join the meetings, you will need to use an IRC client to access the correct server and channels. To do this, you can use an IRC client, or you can access it using the browser-based client, Mibbit:
- Mibbit - Browser-based Client
There is a variety of different IRC clients available for you to use, more prominent ones include:
- Chatzilla - As an add-on to Firefox.
- XChat - Free, stand-alone application.
- IceChat - Free, stand-alone application.
- Bersirc - Free, stand-alone application.
- mIRC - Shareware.
- Colloquy - For Mac users.
After you have installed the IRC Client, you will need to set it up to access Tolkien Gateway IRC channels; the following information should be useful:
- Server: irc.tolkiengateway.net
- Port: 6667
- Channel: #Wiki