Tolkien Gateway:Meetings/17 August 2008
The Tolkien Gateway's first meeting took place on Sunday the 17th of August 2008, the following is a transcript of the meeting, followed by the formal agenda.
Summary of Outcome
- Ederchil was made an admin, due to unanimous positivity of the nomination.
- The sharing of responsibility was discussed, with new projects being created and users volunteering to become supervisors of these projects.
- The Community Portal includes everything it requires for now, although it will need to change as the site grows.
- In regards to spoilers and rumours about the upcoming adaptations by Guillermo del Toro's, it was decided a rumours section should be made and that it clearly state that it is unconfirmed information. In regards to pictures, it was suggested that only good quality pictures be added to the rumours section; however this discussion should continue next week.
- Articles should be categorized more specifically, especially the Tolkien Gateway namespace articles.
- Quidon88 has volunteered to record more pronunciations for titles of articles; all current and future pronunciations should soon use the new audio player. Quidon88 will post them on his user page before including them in articles so others can check them. Getting actors like Christopher Lee was also mooted to read our pronunciations! – Or more likely copy words from his recording of The Children of Húrin.
- Tolkien Gateway:Meetings/17 August 2008/Transcript
|Start at Sunday 17th August 2008 7pm GMT on IRC Channel.
|PDT (PST + 1)
||MDT (MST + 1)
||CDT (CST + 1)
||EDT (EST + 1)
||BST (GMT + 1)
||CED (CET + 1)
||EED (EET +1)