Tolkien Gateway:Requests for adminship
This page is for requests for adminship. Voting will last two weeks, at which time, if the vote is affirmative, the nominee will be granted admin status.
To view past requests, see the RFA archive.
There are some basic things to consider when nominating a fellow Tolkien Gatewayer (or yourself) for adminship.
- They have an account under a screenname.
- They have actively contributed for at least six months to the wiki.
- They have demonstrated they are willing to take on additional responsibilities to make the community better.
- They have had at least some major article creations.
- They have dealings with other users on a regular basis in a fair, restrained, and constructive manner.
- They have demonstrated an understanding of the community's methods of operation.
- Administrators votes must be unanimous for adminship to be accepted.
OK, Tolkien Gateway, the time has come. King Aragorn has made a good point about Hyarion's recent vacation, and I have always felt that there needed to be another admin on TG. If anything happened to Hy, TG would be crippled. I therefore nominate the first among the recent vacation triumvirate, Ederchil. He has shown himself worthy, an enforcer of TG standards, and a defender against outside disruptions. --Theoden1 21:40, 5 August 2008 (EDT)
Two week deadline from first request
- I agree, Hyarion is doing a great job, but if anything were to happen, I think Tolkien Gateway would be in good hands with Ederchil.--Quidon88 22:01, 5 August 2008 (EDT)
- I fully agree. --Þelma 04:49, 6 August 2008 (EDT)
- I certainly agree, for all reasons previously stated. Good luck!-- 06:03, 6 August 2008 (EDT)
- If anyone can do it I personally agree that Ederchil is the person to do it.--User:High King Fingolfin/High King Fingolfin 23:10, 6 August 2008 (EDT)
- I agree, in the time I've been looking in here (and wanting to become much more active, but not finding the time for it), I have noticed Ederchil is always in evidence as keeping things in order somewhere. And must support my fellow countryman ;) -- Mithrennaith 22:01, 12 August 2008 (EDT)
- I 'agree, Ederchil has shown no signs of slowing down in activity and continues to contribute high quality content. Ederchil's opinions seem to always mirror my own and I see no reason why he wouldn't make a great administrator.
- Of course. -- Ederchil 02:33, 7 August 2008 (EDT)