Tolkien Gateway:Technical To-do
Technical To-do lists technical projects (skins, extensions, etc.) by priority below.
Items which need to be sorted yesterday:
- Resolving downtime issues;
Edit buttons when in editing mode;
- Installation of CAPTCHA so non-registered users can edit;
- Fixing the bug which means new users don't receive confirmation e-mails;
Items for which there is immediate need; problems which need solving as soon as possible:
Fixing MediaWiki:Common.css and user css/js;
Restoration of YouTube and GoogleVideo Extensions (or maybe this instead);
- Fixing the forum;
- Google Maps for Arda extension;
- ImageMap extension;
- StringFunctions and Extended ParserFunctions extensions;
Problems/extensions which need sorting, but not immediate:
- Upgrade to this forum extension;
- Install LaTeX, TengTex, and WikiTex so we can do this;
- Who's Online extension;
- Editcount extension;
Remove old and broken skins;
- Namespace aliases;
Fix navigation in Gateway to Ithilien skin;
- Fix glitch where the user creation log inserts two records for each new member.
- Migrate from mod_rewrite to alias and fix & problem (Ex: Allen & Unwin)
Integrate java clients into the wiki(Currently not working)
- Add an extension which allows embedding of video/audio (not yet released unfortunately)
- Create an extension to embed video. (Trying to dynamically convert avi/mov/wmv/etc to .flv and output as .swf is a pain)
- Fix MediaWiki:Popups.js.
- Install Winter extension and configure journals to display previous/next issues dynamically
- Code a better style to hide the generic wiki format
- Create a bot which goes through any Tolkien-related site and saves a cached version, similar to archive.org. This way Tolkien content can be preserved.
- Create a PHP script which scrapes forums, newsgroups, wikis, news sites, and various other places that are related to Tolkien so essentially a Tolkien fan can view anything in the Tolkien community that is being updated.