Revision as of 23:36, 11 July 2011 by KingAragorn
To-do contains a list of broad aims for the wiki which do not fall within the remit of Projects.
10,00015,000 articles to be listed on the List of largest wikis
- Add quotes and references to back up facts
- Expand on the article stubs.
- Fix any broken links
- Down to around 2,000 wanted pages
- Add more descriptions and standardize all the encyclopedia entries
- Add templates to all the pages
Write a halfway readable Help section.
- Add more "pronounce" audio files.
- Calendars which are merely variants should be merged.
See also: Tolkien Gateway:Technical To-do
- Create a Middle-earth map engine equivalent to Google Earth.
See also: Tolkien Gateway:Projects#Images
- Surpass 18,000 images which should give us the largest collection of images.
- Upload at least one image per article
- A group of FAQ articles linked together to one index page, similar to the Tolkien Meta-FAQ.
- An article detailing all the religious similarities in Middle-earth while keeping a non-allegorical standpoint.
- Criticism of Tolkien: Racist stuff, religious accusation from fundamentalists, plagiarism etc.
- An article which lists reasons why J.R.R. Tolkien and his works are so popular and entertaining.
- Create a few different calendars. One for real life Tolkien-related events and at least one for birthdays, deaths, anniversaries, etc.
- Create an article for every Sindarin, Quenya, etc. word
- Scene by scene summary of The Lord of the Rings.
- Scene by scene analysis of PJ's films, Bakshi's film, and Rankin/Bass films, as well as the books.
- Chapter by Chapter synopsis/analysis of The Children of Hurin
- Add any books relating written by Tolkien or about his works.
- Create an article which lists all translations of Tolkien's works.
- Propose articles about the various Tolkien societies around the world.
- These suggestions may be out of date; please discuss them on the talk page.
- Create a "Universal J.R.R. Tolkien Index" which compiles all Tolkien-related indexes together to allow a fan to quickly locate the page number of a minor term throughout all of Tolkien's works.
- Create a transparent movie-program which runs on top of Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings DVDs on the computer. It displays popups of little tidbits of interesting information about the films as the movie is played.
- Add links on the left menu which dynamically translate the content to the specified language.
- Possibly look into having non-canon articles use a different skin
- Write a screenplay which transforms The Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit (or any other Tolkien story) into a present day scenario. Similar to what O Brother, Where Art Thou? did for The Odyssey.
- Spelling file for Microsoft Word and OpenOffice which includes all Tolkien-related terms. Possibility of automatically changing unaccented words to accented ones.
- Have a contest for who can create the best Tolkien-themed song.
- Convince Weird Al to do a Lord of the Rings parody. (This is more of a reminder to check for a response as I just sent an email to him)
- Create an article which lists rare or good ebay buys.
- Write lesson plans for teachers to help get the word out to more students about Tolkien and his works.
- Create an article which details locations in New Zealand from The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy. Something a visitor could print out and take with them while visiting the country that could serve as a guide.
- Create an article which details Tolkien-related locations around Oxford and nearby areas one could tour.
- Create a FAQ namespace for FAQs such as FAQ:Balrogs.
- Add more essays.