Tolkien Gateway talk:Meetings/1 July 2012
Please put any ideas for the agenda and any general discussion here. If you are going to attend (or not), please sign your name below.
- Morgan 21:04, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
- Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 20:36, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
- Gamling 17:05, 18 June 2012 (UTC)
- Ederchil (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 21:50, 20 June 2012 (UTC)
- Vaire 22:36, 27 June 2012 (UTC)
Ideas for Agenda
- Establish a course of action for images.--
21:53, 16 June 2012 (UTC)
- What should we do about images made for role-playing games? Who owns the copyright? Fair-use?-- 16:15, 27 June 2012 (UTC)
- How can we get more traffic to TG? How can we get more editors on TG? We need a long strategy and one which will address the likely increase in traffic following the release of the films.--
19:14, 17 June 2012 (UTC)
- I may defer this for a month.
- There may now be room.-- 12:41, 30 June 2012 (UTC)
- Do we need to have an article for every song of soundtrack albums and every scene of films? -- 19:31, 21 June 2012 (UTC)
- Continue discussion from earlier meeting: how to do with the issue of canon? Should we stop using Template:Disputedcanon and Template:Disputedcanon? Should it be up to the reader to decide the canonical status, based on given references (and the text of the article)?--Morgan 00:06, 22 June 2012 (UTC)
- How should we calculate Fourth Age years? See here (under the header "Converting Fourth Age Dates") for an overview of why I ask.-- 15:37, 26 June 2012 (UTC)
- Re:Talk:Boromir (Lord of Ladros): Should there be a standard for disambiguation? Do we give preference to a patronymic over a title, or the other way round? --Ederchil (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 15:49, 26 June 2012 (UTC)
- See my response on the talk page: 'I don't think the principle is so much "You must go for parentage", but the principle is - in my opinion - "When disambiguating, use the most recognisable description to define the character."; in the cases of rulers it tends to be that they were a ruler and for others it tends to be the relationship to their parents. I think this is the sensible approach'. --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 12:01, 30 June 2012 (UTC)
- If you're happy with this, Ederchil, I shall remove it from the agenda.-- 12:41, 30 June 2012 (UTC)
- Have we determined how to date the First Age years? Robert Foster had made some work to assemble a FA "Tale of Years" based on the published Silmarillion. Tolkien had made more detailed dating in his Grey/Annals/of Valinor, but at times they contradict the published Silmarillion.—Unsigned comment by Sage (talk • contribs).