Tolkien Gateway talk:Meetings/9 November 2008
Please put any ideas for the agenda and any general discussion here. Remember you must sign your name below if you are going to attend.
- --Mith 14:02, 9 November 2008 (UTC)
Ideas for Agenda
- Future of Tolkien News and Tolkien Quotes?
- What sort of things should be included on the map (e.g. locations of conferences?)
- Advertising ourselves
- including on Facebook? In support of this there are Tolkien-specific fan pages and groups which have tens of thousands of members and I think it would be good if we could "tap into" that market
- Why don't we try to do a bit of a publicity stunt with the professor's birthday? Get some scholars and artists for some web chats?, perhaps we could do one of those Skype chats?, prizes?, go on and on and on to Google?
- Should we start thinking about page numbers or, at the very least, paragraph numbers in Tolkien books?
- I'm very keen to have a meeting - if only for us to have chit-chat - as I think it's important for us all to talk to one another on a regular basis so we don't lose momentum and build up a greater "community" feeling.