Tolkien Studies: Volume 3
(Difference between revisions)
m (Protected "Tolkien Studies: Volume 3" [edit=autoconfirmed:move=autoconfirmed])
Revision as of 10:59, 23 June 2010
|Tolkien Studies: Volume 3|
|Author||Douglas A. Anderson, Michael D.C. Drout, Verlyn Flieger|
|Publisher||West Virginia University|
|Released||June 1st, 2006|
- Douglas A. Anderson, Michael D.C. Drout, Verlyn Flieger: "Editors' Introduction"
- In Memoriam - Karen Wynn Fonstad, Daniel Timmons
- Conventions and Abbreviations
- Ross Smith: "Fitting Sense to Sound: Linguistic Aesthetics and Phonosemantics in the Work of J.R.R. Tolkien"
- Maria Prozesky: "The Text Tale of Frodo the Nine-fingered: Residual Oral Patterning in The Lord of the Rings"
- Amy M. Amendt-Raduege: "Dream Visions in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings"
- Gergely Nagy: "The 'Lost' Subject of Middle-earth: The Constitution of the Subject in the Figure of Gollum in The Lord of the Rings"
- Martin Simonson: "Three is Company: Novel, Fairy Tale, and Romance on the Journey through the Shire"
- Richard W. Fehrenbacher: "Beowulf as Fairy-story: Enchanting the Elegiac in The Two Towers"
- James Obertino: "Barbarians and Imperialism in Tacitus and The Lord of the Rings"
- Verlyn Flieger: "Karen Wynn Fonstad"
- Karen Wynn Fonstad: "Writing 'TO' the Map"
- Douglas A. Anderson: "R. W. Chambers and The Hobbit"
- Michael D.C. Drout: "A Spliced Old English Quotation in 'Beowulf: The Monsters and the Critics'"
- James I. McNelis: "'The tree took me up from ground and carried me off': A Source for Tolkien's Ents in Ludvig Holberg's Journey of Niels Klim to the World Underground"
- David Bratman: "The Year's Work in Tolkien Studies 2003"
- Michael D.C. Drout, Marcel Bülles, Rebecca Epstein: "Bibliography (in English) for 2004"
- Addenda and Corrigenda to Bibliography (in English) for 2003
|Tolkien Studies volumes|
| Volume 1 · Volume 2 · Volume 3 · Volume 4 · Volume 5 · Volume 6 · Volume 7 |
Volume 8 · Volume 9 · Volume 10 · Volume 11 · Volume 12 · Volume 13 · Volume 14