Tolkien Studies: Volume 6
|Tolkien Studies: Volume 6|
|Editor||Douglas A. Anderson, Michael D.C. Drout, Verlyn Flieger|
|Publisher||West Virginia University|
Tolkien Studies: Volume 6 is the sixth volume of the journal Tolkien Studies. In this volume is published for the first time J.R.R. Tolkien's "Fate and Free Will" (edited by Carl F. Hostetter). Stuart D. Lee's article "J.R.R. Tolkien and The Wanderer: From Edition to Application" includes formerly unpublished extracts from Tolkien's papers held at the Bodleian Library.
- Editors' Introduction
- In Memoriam: Pauline Baynes and Derek Brewer
- Conventions and Abbreviations
- John D. Rateliff: "'A Kind of Elvish Craft': Tolkien as Literary Craftsman"
- Douglas A. Anderson: "John D. Rateliff: A Checklist"
- Ármann Jakobsson: "A Talk to the Dragon: Tolkien as Translator"
- Jill Fitzgerald: "'Clerkes Compleinte': Tolkien and the Division of Lit. and Lang."
- Stefan Ekman: "Echoes of Pearl in Arda's Landscape"
- Judy Ann Ford and Robin Anne Reid: "Councils and Kings: Aragorn's Journey Towards Kingship in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings and Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings"
- Cynthia M. Cohen: "The Unique Representation of Trees in The Lord of the Rings"
- Josh Long: "Clinamen, Tessera, and the Anxiety of Influence: Swerving from and Completing George MacDonald"
- Verlyn Flieger: "The Music and the Task: Fate and Free Will in Middle-earth"
- J.R.R. Tolkien, Edited by Carl F. Hostetter: "Fate and Free Will"
- Stuart D. Lee: "J.R.R. Tolkien and The Wanderer: From Edition to Application"
- Christopher Gilson: "Essence of Elvish: The Basic Vocabulary of Quenya"
- Compiled by Douglas A. Anderson: Book Reviews
- David Bratman: The Year's Work in Tolkien Studies
- Jason Rea, Kathryn Paar, and Michael D.C. Drout: Bibliography (in English) for 2007
- Notes on Contributors
|Tolkien Studies volumes|
|Volume 1 · Volume 2 · Volume 3 · Volume 4 · Volume 5 · Volume 6 · Volume 7 · Volume 8 · Volume 9 · Volume 10 · Volume 11 · Volume 12|