This article or section is a stub. Please help Tolkien Gateway by expanding it.
- For the journal see Tolkien Studies
Tolkien studies is the scholarly research of the works of J.R.R. Tolkien this includes his fictional literature and languages and his philologist research.
- Main article: Languages
This article or section needs expansion and/or modification. Please help the wiki by expanding it.
There are a number of universities and colleges that offer course work in Tolkien stuides. This is a listing of some of the courses devoted sololy to Tolkien studies. There are some institutions that offer Tolkien studies as part of another course.
- Bethel University offers a course on the theology of Middle-earth.
- Bradley Unviersity offers a course taught by J.R.R. Tolkien scholar Mike Foster on The Lord of the Rings.
- Cardiff Centre for Lifelong Learning offers a course on the literature of Tolkien and how it relates to his understanding of earlier fantasy literature.
- Rice University offers a course on The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit as a mythology for England.
- Rutgers University offers a course on Christian elements found in The Lord of the Rings.
- Victoria University of Wellington offers a course on The Lord of the Rings and how it relates to medieval literature.