Tolman Cotton Junior
|Tolman Cotton, Jr|
|Tolman Cotton, Jr from The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest|
|Other names||Tom, Young Tom|
|Birth||S.R. 1380 |
|Parentage||Farmer Cotton and Lily Brown|
|Siblings||Rose, Jolly, Nick and Nibs|
|Gallery||Images of Tolman Cotton, Jr|
Tolman "Tom" Cotton, Jr was the eldest son of Farmer Cotton.
Tolman comes from Old English tōl + mann meaning "tool person". In early phases of writing Appendix F, his father's original Westron name was given as Tomacca Lothran or (earlier) Tomakli Lothron.
Portrayal in adaptations
- Tom is the deputy-mayor.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "The Scouring of the Shire"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix C, "The Longfather-tree of Master Samwise"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "Later Events Concerning the Members of the Fellowship of the Ring"
- ↑ Jim Allan (1978), An Introduction to Elvish, "Giving of Names" p. 194
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Peoples of Middle-earth, "The Appendix on Languages"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Peoples of Middle-earth, "The Appendix on Languages", note 37.