|Location||Western Eriador, west of the Far Downs southeast of the Grey Havens|
|Realms||Arnor, The Shire|
|Inhabitants||Elves, Men, then Hobbits|
|Description||A range of hills where the White Towers were built|
|Other names||Emyn Beraid|
|Etymology||S. emyn hill + beraid towers|
The Tower Hills (Sind. Emyn Beraid) were a range of hills at the west end of Eriador. They lay east of Mithlond, the Grey Havens of Lindon, and west of the White Downs, of old the border of the Shire.
In Fo.A. 32 the Westmarch was added to the Shire, making the Tower Hills the new western border of the land. Three years later Thain Peregrin I made Fastred of Greenholm the first Warden of Westmarch. He and his wife Elanor, daughter of Samwise Gamgee, moved to the Tower Hills and founded the town of Undertowers on the eastern slopes.
Portrayal in Adaptations
- The Towers Hills are one of the battlegrounds in this game. The White Towers can be seen at the background of the map.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Unfinished Tales, "The Palantíri", Note 2
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Unfinished Tales, "Aldarion and Erendis: The Mariner's Wife"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "Later Events Concerning the Members of the Fellowship of the Ring"