|Line 16:||Line 16:|
|Line 28:||Line 29:|
Revision as of 01:08, 30 December 2010
This article or section is a stub. Please help Tolkien Gateway by expanding it.
Undead were beings whom once had been alive (often Men) but which had been bestowed with an unnaturally prolonged existence. All such creatures seem to have been associated with Evil.
The undead were known by many names:
Portrayal in adaptations
1982-97: Middle-earth Role Playing:
- The Undead is a class of monsters, which includes Ghosts, Skeletons, Ghouls, and many others.
2007-: The Lord of the Rings Online:
- The Dead is a category of creatures, which includes wights, spirits, skeletons, and many others. A related category is The Unseen, which includes the Nazgûl and related shadowy figures.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "The Battle of the Pelennor Fields"
- ↑ Ruth Sochard Pitt, Jeff O'Hare, Peter C. Fenlon, Jr. (1994), Creatures of Middle-earth (2nd edition) (#2012)
- ↑ Category:The Dead at Lorebook.lotro.com (accessed 18 December 2010)
- ↑ Category:Unseen at Lorebook.lotro.com (accessed 18 December 2010)