User:Eldarion Telcontar/Google Maps for Arda/Installation
Note: Version 0.1 works with MediaWiki 1.5 and up. Note, however, the Editor's Map will only be available if you're using MediaWiki 1.6 or greater.
Basic Installation in Five Easy Steps
1. Download this file, and unzip it into a directory on your webspace: http://rapidshare.de/files/48887909/Tiles.zip.html Download!]
It should create a "Tiles" folder with six subfolders for the zoom levels.
2. Go sign up for a Google Maps API key from the Google website.
3. Download this file, and unzip it into your "extensions" directory: Download!
It should create a "GoogleMaps_Arda" folder with a few files.
4. Go in this folder and add this to the beginning of the EditorsMap.js:
var wgGoogleMapsTiles = 'path of the tile images folder from step 1 goes here (e.g. "http://www.testsite.com/Tiles")';
5. Add this to the end of LocalSettings.php in the MediaWiki directory (but before the final "?>"):
$wgGoogleMapsKey = "your key from step 2 goes here"; $wgGoogleMapsTiles = "path of the tile images folder from step 1 goes here (e.g. "http://www.testsite.com/Tiles")"; require_once( "$IP/extensions/GoogleMaps_Arda/GoogleMaps.php" );
If all went well, you should be good to go!