Hyarion is my online alias. As well as my Quenya equivalent, translated from my birth name, Benjamin. I currently am a freelance Web Consultant / Designer, check out hyarion.net for more information and my portfolio. I also work with Future Point in their technical support department. I'm also going to college full time, studying Computer Information Systems.
- Email: hyarion.at.tolkiengateway.dot.net
- MSN: srekal86.at.hotmail.dot.com
- AIM: Srekal86
- IRC: Hyarion on irc.tolkiengateway.net
- Or always on my talk page.
- Convince Weird Al to do a Lord of the Rings parody. (This is more of a reminder to check for a response as I just sent an email to him)
- Scene by scene summary of The Lord of the Rings.
- Scene by scene analysis of PJ's films, Bakshi's film, and Rankin/Bass films, as well as the books.
- Finish uploading Nasmith images. Still need to do his Hobbit, FotR, TTT, and RotK sketch sections. (Trying not to think about Howe, Lee, Hildebrandt, etc, etc, etc)
- Go through all the Lord of the Rings news websites and gather any news of events and put them into articles.
- Create a geographical navigation system. For instance Harondor would have a compass, a visitor could click the North symbol to be directed to Lebennin, they could click the West symbol to be directed to Bay of Belfalas, etc. The system would have tiers. You could navigate continents such as Middle-earth, Numenor, etc. then there would be a level of navigation for major regions like Gondor and Eriador, then another level for cities.
- A Fellowship of the Ring route which allows one to follow the region articles linearlly just as the Fellowship of the Ring did.
- Create an article for every year of every Age on Arda, as well as for every year in the real world, starting from at least J.R.R. Tolkien's birth.
- Decide on a slogan for TolkienNews.net. And maybe a new title? Tolkien Times?
- Fix any broken links
- Down to around 2,000 wanted pages
- Add any books relating written by Tolkien or about his works.
- Add any games relating to Middle-earth and Arda.
- Naming standard?
- Add more descriptions and standardize all the encyclopedia entries
- Add templates to all the pages
- Add quotes and references to back up facts
- Add any song or band relating to Tolkien and his works.
- Upload at least one image per article
- Write a halfway readable Help section.
- Stream mp3s of Tolkien reading the one ring poem for instance.
- Code a better style to hide the generic wiki format
- I've added a couple of skins but still not happy with any of them
- Add how to pronounce articles
- Uploaded all of Ardamir's which covered a few hundred pronunciations.
- Add links to forum threads
- Elvish names?
- Migrate from mod_rewrite to alias and fix & problem (Ex: Allen & Unwin)
- Calendars which are merely variants should be merged.
- Double check Calendars published by Minotauro and are Italian (should be Spanish?)
- Install Winter extension and configure journals to display previous/next issues dynamically
- Get more visitors!