|Position||Administrator, Dates Project Supervisor, Community Manager|
|Eye colour||Dark brown|
- "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
- ― Gandalf to Frodo in The Fellowship of the Ring, "The Shadow of the Past"
There's nothing for you to do! Get on with actual editing.
I'm Mith and I'm a 24-year-old tolkienist/tolkienologist/Tolkien-enthusiast (whichever you like) from Sussex in the UK, and I am an administrator, community manager, and dates supervisor here on the Tolkien Gateway (TG). I have a BA in Politics from the University of Sussex, and am working in Westminster. I have been a member of this website and community for about five years now - although I was aware of it for some time before them - and although my contributions are only modest, I hope they go some way to making this wiki the best online Tolkien resource.
With regards to Tolkien, the areas which really interest me are: languages, Tengwar, genealogies, maps, calendars, and the history of the First Age. In fact, almost everything within the legendarium! Beyond TG, I am also a trustee of The Tolkien Society (and Deputy Chairman of The Return of the Ring) hoping to modernise its image, events and functions and introduce as many people as possible to the professor's works.
The name Mith is a contraction of the name Mithrandir (the Sindarin name for Gandalf) which is the name I've used for myself on many Tolkien websites over the last eleven years. I would, like other members, use the Quenya translation of my name (Erufailon), but I personally think it's a bit ugly.
When I'm not here, I enjoy learning about everything in general (I'm a hoarder of useless information), but in particular I really like learning about language (in particular, English history, etymologies of words, etc.), politics (especially British government and politics), and British history. I'm also an avid fan of Nintendo, going to the cinema, and eating!
Current and Future Projects
- Creating a new Main Page
- New images for:
Balin, Dwalin, Fíli, Kíli, Dori, Nori, Ori, Óin, Glóin, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur
Template for web citations (former Template:Hfd[former link])
Who; what?; when?; where? link etc.
- Timeline and years:-
- Making sure that all date-related wanted-pages are created
Updating existing dates so they contain all relevant information
Moving date articles to European date format
- Altering all the day articles so Shire Reckoning dates in "The Tale of Years" are correctly converted to the Gregorian calendar
- Extending the information on calendars
- Work on Durin's Folk
- To further, and expand, the articles on the
Arnorian andGondorian Kings
- Re-visit the Kings of Arnor as the bar I set for myself is now higher
- Creating templates for articles (along the lines of previous ones like this - see my my sandbox for some in progress)
- Locations (especially those of The Shire)
- Hobbits (continue with Tooks first)
- Constellations, cosmology and astronomy
- Songs and poems
- Forum:TG Advent: 30 Improved pages for the New Year
Sorting out the mess that is disambiguation
- Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
- Policy and Help
- Arda Structural Format
- New skins for TG
Fixing Ithilien to work with 1.17
- Fixing <ul> and <ol> error with thumbnails
- Fixing Cavendish to work in 1.17
- Generally tidying and minor edits
Character: Gandalf (following very closely by Fingolfin)
Location: Gondolin (followed by Tirion)
Quote: see the top of the page
Book: The Book of Lost Tales Part One (forget, The Children of Húrin, this should be edited and released in a separate book)
Chapter: Not strictly chapters, but, the Ainulindalë and the Valaquenta (in The Lord of the Rings I'm rather keen on "The Council of Elrond" and "The Grey Havens")
Era: First Age
Film Scenes: "The Council of Elrond", "The Bridge of Khazad-dûm" and "The Lighting of the Beacons"
- My Talk Page
- My Contributions
- My Collection
- My Sandbox
- My Second Sandbox
- My Signature (if you want one of your own, see Help:Signatures)
- User:Mithbot, my bot for automatic editing of repetitive and tedious tasks