Welcome to Amroth/2012's talk page.
Two things, really:-
- I delinked things like "Narmaleth", "Edhelion" and "Duilond" because there was clearly no intention to create these pages; "Narmaleth" in particular has been sitting as a redlink for three years, which I think is completely unacceptable.
- I don't think listing that someone has grey hair when the image immediately above clearly shows that anyone is tenable. I think there's already an issue vis-a-vis the length of infobox in relation to the length of article for most of these characters, and I don't want to see that made worse (which is why I have limited the width of it). --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 19:37, 28 December 2011 (UTC)
- Okay, I'll try to create as few long-time red links as possible. I'll create an article about Edhelion somewhere this year. --Amroth 16:55, 1 January 2012 (UTC)
- Certainly. --Amroth 20:06, 5 January 2012 (UTC)
I've tried to give some possible answers to your questions on Elvish translations here. Perhaps more knowledgeable people will now feel more tempted to offer their help! ;-) --Morgan 16:04, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
- Translating placenames and personal names has been a hobby of mine for a while, and maybe still is. I kinda disagree with your suggestion; UNDU suggests "going down" or "lower than X", not "low-lying". I would pick something with N. cofn, "deep, low-lying". I would also, for purely esthetic purposes, change the word order (a la Pays Bas instead of Netherlands). I'm not entirely sure on how to properly pluralize cofn, but I think *i Ndŷr Gufn or *Dôr Gofn are both closest to being correct. As for Leo... Do you want a translation for "Belgian Lion", "Netherlandish Lion" or "Dutch (theodisc) Lion"? --Ederchil (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 17:36, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
- Good thinking, Ederchil! Would you mind if I post your suggestions on the Plaza (in order to enrich the discussion), or do you have your own account? --Morgan 19:16, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
Thank you for your help
Hello Amroth, I am speaching on the behalf of Sociedade de Tolkien Brasileira(or Brazilian Tolkien Society), could you help us to place an external link to our youtube channel? (http:///www.youtube.com/stbtolkien) also I would like to ask you one thing, since WIKIs are only for information porpouse and not personal, political and any other kind of information and does not take "sides" could you consider take a look at this publication it has unreliable and untruth information about us, that is why we have subscribed to your Wiki and edited our own information and links. The page is http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Conselho_Branco,_Sociedade_Tolkien
Just like you have done to our page, so it will have only clean design, and information about the society and not links to personal opinions, foruns, or even lies.
Oh and how can we upload our official trademark?
Regards, Leandro Schwass